How to Link Accounts
Before using the platform, your social accounts will need to be linked. To achieve this:
- Click the gear icon in the top left hand side of the screen.
- In the center of the screen, click the 'Add New' button to add a new platform.
- Click which social platform you would like to link to the Distinct platform.
There are a few one off scenarios to keep in mind:
- Twitter - be sure to only be logged in to the account you want linked to the platform.
- Google, YouTube, and other Google accounts - Select the Google account you want linked when the options pop-up. Once you do this, Google will provide a code for you to insert.
- Instagram has a few more steps to complete, however once complete, you will be able to publish images directly to the platform.
- Click on "Instagram" in the Distinct platform.
- When prompted, log in to Facebook and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Select the Instagram you'd like to connect when prompted.
- Next, create a free account with our friends at Buffer.
- After creating your Buffer account, click Connect Social Profiles (you can add 3 Instagram accounts to each Buffer account)
- Click Instagram Business
- Select the Instagram(s) you'd like to connect
- To integrate Buffer and the Distinct platform, go back to the linked accounts section under Brand Settings.
- Go to Integrations, select Buffer
- Sign in to your Buffer account once prompted and select 'Allow Access'
How to Create a Category
Prior to posting content, it is imperative to categorize your content by topic, tag, or campaign. The steps below will walk you through how to achieve this goal.
- From the Content Library view, click the 'Add/Manage' button in the top left.
- Once the 'Categories' window appears, click the 'Create New Category' button at the bottom of the window.
- Enter the name of the new category, select the category color, and select 'Create.'
Your category is now created and should be visible in the Content Library view, woohoo!
How to Create Content
Once categories are created, you will want to create content. The steps below will walk you through how to achieve this goal.
If you want to source content from Distinct platform, the Recommendations section will be very helpful. To find recommended content follow these steps:
- From the Content Library view, select the 'Create Content' button.
- Add the 'Content Title' at the top of the popup.
- Once prompted, select any image(s), video(s), and/or URL(s) you'd like associated with this content.
- Click 'Next Step' and add any caption you'd like for this post.
Please note: captions may be custom for each platform by clicking on the megaphone button below the text box.
- Click 'Next Step' and select the category the content should be associated with (any categories created will appear as well as the option to create a new category).
- Click 'Next Step' to customize the Target Audience, expiration dates, and default accounts to post it to, if applicable.
- Click 'Save Content'
- Select 'Recommendations' on the left-hand sidebar
- You will see 'News' and 'Images' in the top left corner
News = Articles that may be used and published on your account
Images = Copyright and attribution free images that may be used and published on your account
- Pexels - These are free images to use
- Instagram - This shows instagram posts that you can regram and publish to your own account.
- Select 'News' and input a search term you'd like to post about. Press enter.
- To use any article that you find, select the check mark symbol in the bottom right of the specific article.
- The article will now appear in your content library to use and customize as you wish.
Follow the same process for images (Pexels and Instagram)
How to Create a Weekly Schedule
Once you have content uploaded, you are able to create a weekly schedule. The steps below will walk you through how to achieve this goal.
- From the Schedules view, click the 'Create Schedule' button.
- Select which schedule type you would like to create. In this example, we will create a weekly schedule.
- Enter in schedule details including title, the day(s) and timeslot(s) that you'd like it to be posted. Next, click the 'Create Schedule' button.
The new schedule is now completed and can be viewed in the Schedules view! Schedules are backed by queues. You can fill your schedule queue with content and the system will automatically post the content one at a time until all of the content has been posted or if your content is set to recycle, the queue will restart at the beginning of the queue and use the 2nd caption for each content item.
How to Auto-fill Schedule with a Category
Once you have a schedule, you may want to auto-fill it with a specific category. The steps below will walk you through how to achieve this goal.
- In the Schedules view, click on the ellipsis in top-right of a schedule to open the context menu.
- Click the 'Auto Fill This Queue' option.
- From the 'Auto Fill Settings' menu, click the checkbox to enable 'Auto-Fill this Queue.'
- Select the category you'd like to use from the Categories drop-down menu. Click the 'Save Settings' button.
You can now view your categorized content in the queue. If you navigate to your calendar, you should see posts scheduled in accordance to your schedule timeslots. As you create new content and categorize it, it will automatically be added to the appropriate "Auto-Filled" queue.
How to Create an Approval
Approvals are helpful if you would like to have your work approved prior to it being sent out. An example use case may be a client wanting to review what you've created prior to it being posted on their social accounts.
- Select 'Approvals' on the left side of the platform.
- Click the 'New Approval' button.
- Once the pop-up appears, enter in a title for the approval. A suggested title would be "April 2020" or "New Motivation Monday Posts."
- Click the 'Select Content' hyperlink which will take you to the content library view.
- Click the content you would like approved.
- Once all the content is selected, click the 'Add X Items' button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click 'Create Approval' which will then create a tokenized link for you to send out.
- Hover over the gear icon to the right of the new approval to copy the approval link or click on the approval name to open it.
- Send this link via email, text, messenger, etc. No password is required to open the link and you will receive an email when the content has been approved.
How to Generate a Report
Create client-ready reports or export your analytics for offline viewing and manipulation in other software.
- Select 'Reporting' on the left side of the platform.
- Click the 'New Report' button.
- Enter a title for the report and select the date range you would like to generate a report for.
- Click 'Generate Report'. The new report will now be displayed with a hyperlink that you can right click, copy, and send to a client. No password is required to open the reports.